WHAT ARE JOURNEY BAGS?Did you know every week across the United States children enter foster care often with nothing but the clothes on their backs? We want to do something about that by making up quality Journey Bags filled with personal and comfort items for children to call their own. We want to bless them and show that they are loved, prayed for, and remembered!
Ways to Get Involved
- Purchase and build an entire Journey Bag. (See below for more details.)
- Purchase items separately and bring them to the church for assembly at another time. (See the "What Goes Inside a Journey Bag" list for specific items -- every bit helps!)
- Join the Journey Bag team by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- One complete Journey Bag typically costs around $100.
- Items should be placed in a quality duffle bag, rolling carry-on suitcase, or backpack with a zipper (no drawstrings), as it may be the only thing that stays with a child for an extended period.
- To maintain consistency for all children receiving a Journey Bag, please provide every item on the age-specific list. All items should be new.
- Do not use items with business logos.
- Toiletry items should be sealed in zip-lock bags.
- Please do not include food in Journey Bags.
What Goes Inside a Journey Bag?Please include an encouraging note for both the foster parents and child receiving the bag. See below to select a specific size and gender for the bag you are putting together. When purchasing the clothes, remember to choose items consistent with the size you've chosen.
*Please place asterisked items together in a zip-lock bag.